This page may contain affiliate links that could result in earning us a commission at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more information.
Covid-19 has shown us how things can take a turn so quickly that many of us aren’t ready to respond. The impact of the quarantine has caused many of us into a new normal where we are spending much of our time at home. One way to make use of this time by taking advantage of income opportunities where we make money from home.
While stuck in quarantine is a perfect time to start a side hustle and because of the internet, there are many creative ways to make money available. We’ve compiled some of the best ideas for how to make money during quarantine.
What is a Side Hustle?
A side hustle also called a side gig, is any form of employment that is taken on in addition to a full-time job. It provides supplemental income to do things on a freelance or piecework basis. A lot of people do something that they’re passionate about. For example, the different artistic items that people sell on Etsy and Redbubble serve as a way to express their passion on top of being creative ways to make money on the side.
Creative Ways to Make Money from the Internet
There are so many answers on how to earn income online or make money from the internet nowadays. You don’t need to think too far for the first time, you just need to start from the small things that are around you everyday.
Learn How to Earn Income Online
It’s possible to make money from home as long as you have a device that allows you to access the internet. Keep in mind that you aren’t going to learn how to get rich on the internet necessarily with these opportunities, but you can still make a great income. Consider some of the things below when you are want to learn how to earn income online:
Work on Freelancing Sites
There are companies, small businesses, and individuals who are all interested in hiring someone to do a job as a freelancer. These jobs can be one-time or on-going, requiring a few hours or a several hours a week of commitment to complete. Designers, virtual assistants, marketers, programmers, and others are all possible job opportunities. Freelancing sites do take a cut of your earnings, so keep that in mind. Here are some to look at:
Become an Amazon Seller
Do you have a product or group of products that you want to sell? Consider using the largest online marketplace as your storefront. When signing up as an Amazon Seller, you have different selling plans so you can scale the business accordingly.
You’ll have to have information like your business name, legal name and address, and more to set up your Amazon Seller account. Then you can start listing your products so potential buyers can see what you have available. A lot of claims about how to get rich on the internet involve selling on Amazon. But the reality is that making a lot of money on Amazon takes effort and figuring how to use the system to your advantage.
Selling Online Courses
If you’re looking for other options on how to make money, online courses have grown in demand over the past several years. There are people who are selling online courses on topics like learning to use a certain software program, playing a musical instrument, education topic, and much more. This is one of the easy things to sell online if you have certain skills that you can leverage to create valuable courses on Udemy and more.
Other Income Opportunities
Want more ideas on how you can make money during quarantine? Try some of these below:
- Sell your old stuff on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, and similar platforms. These are easy things to sell online that can also free up your space.
- Cook food and sell it. Do you love to cook and want to share your passion while making money? There are many people who want to support local businesses and if you make something unique that you can’t find at chains, you could through a niche following.
- Dog walking and pet sitting. Not everyone is working from home and some people are finding that they are busier than ever. Pets are part of people’s families so there are always people looking for help taking care of them.
- Personal training. Help others achieve their fitness goals by creating meal plans, constructing workout routines, and offering support.
- Tutoring students. You can do this from anywhere with video conferencing software nowadays. There are also many tutoring sites that provide students or you can get connected with those interested in getting help.