Despite working a 9-5 job and waiting in excitement to receive your monthly salary, you might still be wondering, ‘how can I make extra money.’
For some, it’s about achieving monetary security and knowing that they have enough money in their bank accounts to deal with unforeseen financial emergencies.
For others, the need to earn more money has more to do with paying off debts or even saving for big purchases.
How Can I Make Extra Money?
Regardless of the reasons to make extra money, the truth is that most of us, if not all, can do with a little extra income on the side.
After all, who wouldn’t want to make extra money from home or through other means, right?
If you are in the same boat, use this money-making strategy on how to get the extra money, boost your income, and be financially secure.
Ask for a Salary Raise
This idea is probably one of the fastest ways to make more money because, in a way, it’s being paid more for something that you are already doing.
Think of a salary raise as a money-making strategy to earn more money. But remember that it all comes down to your work, skills, abilities, and how much value you add in your company.
While this may not sound like a viable option to many people and is not the easiest to ask for a salary raise, there are a few ways to go about it.
- Right off the bat, you need to show and prove to your employer that your presence adds a great value to the company and that the work you do helps them become more profitable. On an individual level, your efforts and hard work need to outweigh the others to get a good raise.
- You can show tangible accomplishments by making a solid case on paper and state evidence of why you are truly deserving of a salary raise.
- You can even resort to job salary websites such as salary.com, glassdoor.com, indeed.com, to find out how much you and your work are worth. Once you have a strong case in your favor, you can request a salary raise.
Unique Ways to Make Money
In case a salary raise isn’t possible, there are so many other unusual ways to make money. Well, not precisely uncommon since many people might already be doing them. Think of it as creative ideas to make money or ways to make extra money from home.
A Side Hustle
Also known as a side job or a side gig, this is one of the best ways to make more money other than your 9-5 job. Here’s an example to make extra money from home.
- Start a dropshipping business on Amazon.
- Selling various handmade goods on Etsy.
- Selling your old clothing and accessories on Depop or ThreadUp. This way, not only you can get extra money but also refresh your closet
- Make a quick cash by giving away your valuable collectibles. Take a look at our articles about things you can do to make extra money.
- Become a virtual assistant, virtual teacher, take data entry jobs, or become an article writer. There is a host of well-paid online jobs if you are looking for steadier sources of extra income.
Put Your Money in Investments
From stocks and bonds to mutual funds and index funds, there are multiple great investment options where you can put your money and earn great returns in the long-term.
A stock or share, for instance, is one of the most common financial instruments to make money used by investors. While it does come with its fair share of risks, you can also earn a great deal of money by selling it when its value goes up.
Before opting for investments, you should research online, ask others for suggestions, or even seek help from a financial advisor to determine which option is best for you.
While this certainly isn’t one of the unique ways to make money, many people still look into investments and do end up gaining massive returns.
Start a Side Project of Your Own
If you wish to use your skills and develop more creative ways to make money, you can start a side project of your own.
If you are wondering how to get more money from a side project, here’s a few options to help you get started.
- If you have a knack for writing, you can start a blog and make money by turning it into an affiliate marketing site.
- Look into writing books and publish them to make money.
- Create an online course such as a teaching course, arts and crafts, fitness training, or anything to utilize your skills and talent. Make money by selling your online course on Teachable or Udemy.
More Creative Ways to Make Money
For those wondering how to make more money other than the options mentioned above, don’t worry, here’s great suggestions on creative ideas to make money and boost your income.
Make Money on the Weekend
For all those with really busy schedules and torn over the thought of ‘how can I make extra money’, consider unique ways to make more money on your weekends.
You can easily make extra money through giving tuitions, part-time freelancing, babysitting, being a freelance translator, or participating in research studies.
Walk to Get Paid
Want to step a little out of your comfort zone and opt for unusual ways to make money?
For those who aren’t aware, you can get paid for walking!
It’s not as weird as it sounds, though. The idea is to walk to achieve something and then get paid in return.
Want to know how to get more money by walking? Many apps will pay you to walk! For example, Charity Miles is an app through which you can do different movements such as running or walking, where each mile benefits your choice of charity.
Another great option is FitPotato, a fitness app that pays you if you stay on track on your exercise schedule. The best part is you get to stay fit and earn money both at the same time!
Stress Less, Earn More
We hope you benefit from our list of creative ways to make money and give a good boost to your income.
We understand that these suggestions might not work for everybody, and some of you are probably still wondering how to get extra money.
The key is to identify your skills and talent, figure out what you’re good in, and find a way to diversify your income.
At The Logic of Money, we always strive to help you adopt responsible financial habits to manage your money better and more efficiently.