In your spare time, you might be looking for ways to make extra income or simply need a few quick bucks. If you need a starting point on how to make money fast, we’ve got some ideas for you. There are ways to make money from home so that you don’t need to leave your couch to get paid. Read on to learn creative ways to make money that you can put into practice today.
How to Make Money Fast
There are ways to make extra money fast if you need it sooner rather than later. Here are some quick ways to get cash below:
- Sell items on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist that you no longer need
- Give blood or plasma; It depends on your state, there are different requirements when donating plasma, but you can make between $20 to $50 per donation
- Do micro gigs on Mechanical Turk. These jobs pay a few cents or a few dollars, but if you can grind it out it, the extra income could be useful
- Sell your clothes or other items at a thrift shop or second-hand clothing store
- Pawn your values that you don’t need
- Get paid for searching the web with Qmee.com. It’s a browser extension that will reward you for simply searching on Google, Bing, Yahoo, Amazon, and eBay.
Make Money from Home
It’s easier than ever to make money online nowadays. Here’s more on three of the best ways to make extra money and how you can get started.
Take Online Surveys for Money
Taking surveys won’t make you rich, but if you have some spare time or have a long commute, you might as well earn something while you’re at it. There are dozens of survey sites out there, so you might have to try a few out. Some popular online surveys for money are Swagbucks, Survey Junkie, InboxDollars, and MyPoints.
Sell Things Online
There are many creative ways to make money by selling things online. For those of you who have an artistic streak, Etsy is a platform with over 48 million active buyers of goods, including jewelry, embroidery, woodworking, and pottery. For the photographers out there, you can sell your shots at SmugMug and PhotoShelter. Do you have a lot of gift cards from holidays and birthdays that you don’t use? Use a site like Cardpool or CardCash for money or, in some cases, trade it for a gift card you want. If you’re going to start selling things online, there’s a place for everything; all it takes is some Google searching.
Other Ways to Make Extra Money: Freelance Writing Websites
If you enjoy writing blog posts, social media copy, emails, and other copy, there’s plenty of people who need help with this. Freelance writing websites include Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer.com. Besides writing gigs, they also have to post for work like virtual assistants, design, and data entry.
Creative Ways to Make Money
If you want to know how to make money fast and willing to try more creative ways to earn some side income, try some of these ideas:
- Become a house sitter. Homeowners will often hire someone to watch their homes and activities like water their plants, take out the trash, etc. Try HouseSitter.com or connect with your local network to find referrals.
- Rent your car. If you don’t use your car often or work from home, use that idle time to your advantage. You can rent your car out with services like Turo and Getaround for an hour or a day. They take a cut of the earnings for covering your vehicle while it’s being rented, and you keep the rest.
- Test apps and websites. Try to make money online by getting paid for your opinions to tell companies how good or not good their website or app is. Usertesting.com has opportunities to get you paid $10-$20 in most cases to record your testing and answer some follow up questions. Live video conversations will get you more, worth as much as $120.
- Wrap your car in advertisements. FreeCarMedia.com and other services will pay you a few hundred dollars a month for being a moving advertisement. You do have to sign up and get approved, which may take some time to happen.